Follow along! The episode guide for “Some Like It Hoth” is in Finding Lost — Season 5, pp. 187-196, and includes a sidebar comparing Lost to Star Wars.
This was a fun, sort of standalone episode, and the one in the season I had to write up in England while I was on a trip, downloading it and watching it on a laptop only once. Thank goodness it wasn’t the week of “Dead Is Dead”!
Fun things I noticed:
• “I’m in the circle of tr—” “Get out!” Hahahaha!
• That dead Swan station guy looks like Russell Brand. I never noticed that before.
• I love that Miles somehow thought the phrase “bounty hunter” would be in Hurley’s memoir. LOL!
• Mr. Grey is the chauffeur that Sookie and Bill glamour at the beginning of S2 of True Blood.
• I have a confession to make: I love the word “douche.” It’s a GREAT insult. It’s just so satisfying. My husband thinks it’s uncouth (so I’m always sure to add the word “bag” to it when using it around him). But I still love it. I’m so happy Hurley and Miles use it in this episode.
• Chang looks like he’s going to laugh when Hurley says, “Polar bear poop, got it.”
• When Roger tells Jack that Kate reassured him, Jack looks down as if to say, “Oh, Kate… what am I gonna do with you?”
• I LOVE Hurley making small talk in the back of the van!
• “Ever had one of those days where you feel like the Dutch boy with his finger in the… Doc!” HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
• How much do I love Baby Miles’ Dharma onesie?!
Things that have new meaning:
• WHO are the Shadow Seekers? This is one of the biggest questions raised in season 5. Bram says, “If you can’t answer the question, you’re not ready for the island.” So how do THEY know the answer to the question, or how to get there, or about the island in the first place? Are they children of DI? Children of defected Others? Children of people who were ejected from the island? Are they immortal Others who were ejected from the island?