Follow along! The episode guide for “Lockdown” is in Finding Lost, pp. 276-280.
Probably my favourite episode of season 2 (with the exception of the finale), “Lockdown” is the episode that turned all of the events that had happened so far and threw them headlong in the direction of the season-ender. Henry Gale being the liar we all suspected he was… the lockdown… Locke seeing the blast-door map… the food drop on the island. It’s all here.
Fun things I noticed:
• It still baffles me that after three hours of searching for a balloon, no one bothered to look UP (you know, in the trees? Where a balloon is most likely to land on an island FULL OF TREES?) or saw the ORANGE AND YELLOW balloon up there. It’s not like it was camouflaged or khaki. It was ORANGE AND YELLOW. Sheesh, people.
• Is it just me, or every time someone walks into the room with the computer is that clock at 47? It seems like an homage to Alias to me.
• “How ’bout you put your mangoes where your mouth is?”
Things that have new meaning:
• Oh, John. If only you’d gone on that picnic. This entire episode was filled with moments where I just wanted to say, “No, John… don’t do it!” DON’T go to Cooper’s funeral. DON’T walk over to that car parked near Nadia’s house. DON’T go have a drink with the guy. DON’T go to the safety deposit box. DON’T give him the money. DON’T ask Helen to marry you (because it’s so sad and pathetic and breaks my heart every time)... DON’T listen to Ben.
• Sawyer asks Jack what he was doing in Thailand. Oh… if only we’d never found out the answer to that question. Sigh.
• Check out Sawyer guessing correctly that Thailand is where Jack got his tats!
• Hurley: “Jack and Sawyer are finally gonna beat each other up.” No, you’ll have to wait three more years for that. ;)
• Sawyer says he got the clap in Tallahassee, which is where Cooper was caught.
• So, did Ben really knock himself out by falling in the pantry, or was that just all a ploy to completely freak out John? Did he actually push the button when he said he did? Did he pull some smoke and mirrors show (or better yet, was another Other doing it from the Pearl?)
• How much of the map did John Locke take in? Is it possible he has a photographic memory?
• Benry is BUSTED!!! Oh how I love that moment.